My nani’s house has always been an alluring place for me since the
time I started understanding the things around the world. This is neither
because I feel like an untethered calf there nor because I savour nani’s earthen stove’s ‘roti’ with butter milk and green chilli
‘chutney’, but because of the bewitching natural beauty and vibrant plus breezy
atmosphere pervading there.
Monsoon showers
are the most conducive time for the visit. The terrace is the one which I
usually haunt at my nani’s place.
As soon as the
rain relents, I find myself admiring the panoramic view from the roof. The
broad vistas of paddy and mustard fields…the exuberant beauty of the place
enthralls me a lot. It seems as if Mother Earth has come out in plain lush
green clothes to woe her beloved - sky, who just showered his love in the form
of rain.
In addition to
this, the air, thick with the fragrance of parched earth and that feeling of fresh
breath, are the most exhilarating of all. The gusty winds, ruffling the smooth
surface of the fields and the leaves on the trees give us a feeling as if
nature is interacting with us. The background music given by the melodious ‘koel’ makes the surroundings all the
more musical and refreshing. But the very sight of the elegant peacocks dancing
and warbling joyfully in the ‘saavan ka
mahina’ is cherry on the cake.
Seeing the
enumerable benedictions and knowing the fact that we actually are in the fail
proof lap of Mother Nature, the below lines appear to be written for her only-
“Mere mehboob
ki soorat khuda se milti hai,
Mohabbat
ki mohabbat hai,
Ibaadat ki
ibaadat hai”
I think I am at my best when I can feel the
nature of NATURE !
No comments:
Post a Comment