Monday, 17 November 2014

Bitter Experience

It is correctly said, ‘Life is not a pot full of honey.’ A number of incidents happen in our life about which we always remain nostalgic. I remember one incident when I was in third grade. I used to remain very aloof and perhaps, this was the reason for my diffidence. Since I was in the good books of my class teacher, once she asked me to deliver a speech in the morning assembly. I was reluctant but she paid no heed to my excuses. I unwillingly prepared myself for the speech.

On the day of assembly, I was feeling jittery. Plastering a smile on the face, I climbed the stairs of the stage. Everyone heralded me with claps. My smile began to fade as I looked at the students and the teaching staff. I then commenced, “Good morning to all of you. I am standing here… to say a few…a few words about… about Mahatama Hansraj. He was a…was a …” and a dreadful pause! My confidence began to ebb away. I got totally blank. I could feel my quivering lips and trembling legs, and see the jeering students. My feet had rooted to the ground and eyes had fixed to the ceiling. I wished if earth would open and swallow me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment