Tuesday, 8 October 2024

The Broken Leg Story

 Part 1

What is the purpose of a stair handrail? It is to assist in safely navigating through the stairs. But it’s no surprise that humans pick-out redundancy in things faster than their inherent flaws. Apparently, stairs don’t like it and they repay in kind. I have had my lessons. Perhaps I should learn to hold my plans loosely and the handrail, tightly, because missing even a couple of steps equals a ligament tear and a hairline fracture in your right foot. Did you read broken leg? That’s technically called click bait. But you hear it from the horse’s mouth that exaggeration runs in our veins. If I had a broken leg for real, heading would go like this- The Case of an Amputated Leg. Never mind. Cut to the story, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. It wasn’t my first ever slip on a staircase. I have had a history of routine falls but never silly enough as the one that got me limping for a month now. As I fell, my friends in specs checked me, first with their words, then with laughter and finally with camera as I gloriously sat cross legged on the landing. Yet, it’s better to be a butt of jokes than be patient of sorts. My dad blames my haste, mom rants about my penguin walk and for brothers, it’s my faulty brain cells. Ask me, it’s the sandal that caused the scandal. Sandal becomes scandal if you force that extra ‘c’ of chicness. Suffer, you must. 

Note: I can still do a leg sweep and also pirouette like a ballerina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment