Saturday, 19 December 2020

Vocab in The Times of Corona

Trust thou me well, if only Marquez rises from his grave, he would write Love in the Times of Corona. They say that love is in the air but the reality outside my balcony window exposes this blatant lie of Delhi and its winters. In such nasty times, Humour becomes an ally, a companion, a friend, a partner... basically all that the typical Bonta Park or Lodhi Garden's baby-shona-sweetie tribe of love birds cum dumb pigeons shitting across benches are not! I hope, Marquez won't turn in his grave after their mention.
I love Humour with all my lungs (not heart because lungs are bigger, no?) There is no time for non-Humour love affairs, as I said earlier, love isn't in the air and my lungs have trust issues as well. 
So, cutting the short love story even shorter, here is a glimpse of our affair. Some might mistake it for PDA, BUT…it's mah lyf, mah choyce!

Coronavirus
इसकी हिम्मत का मुकाबला ही नहीं कहीं 
बहुतों की शहीदी का क़र्ज़ है इसपर 

Virus Mutation

रहता नहीं कहीं टिक कर 
आदत इसकी भी आदमी-सी है 

Co-morbidity
किसने दस्तक दी ये दिल पर कौन है 
आप तोह अंदर है, फिर बाहर कौन है 

Physical Distancing
हमारे दरमियान ये दूरियां ना  होती 
और कुछ वक़्त की मजबूरियाँ ना होती 

Quarantine
महफ़िल से दूर मैं अकेला हो गया 
सूना सूना मेरे लिए हर मेला हो गया 

Hydroxychloroquine
कोशिशें की समझने को दर्द की 
फिर लिख दी दवा इस मर्ज़ की 

Asymptomatic
कल तक अजनबी थे दोनों 
कब जुड़ गए पता ही नहीं चला

Unlock 5.0
कैद हूँ कबसे बेचैनियों के तालों में 
खोल दो ज़रा सुकून की खिड़कियां 

Vaccine
गुलों में रंग भरे बाद-ए-नौ-बहार चले 
चले भी आओ कि गुलशन का कारोबार चले

Pfizer / Moderna / Oxford / Covaxin
यही है ज़िंदगी कुछ ख़्वाब चंद उम्मीदें 
इन्हीं खिलौनों से तुम भी बहल सको तो चलो

***  
Note: Please don't sue me for plagiarism. I didn't write these shayari, my lover did. Do I sound selfish? Well, just pray that he doesn't develop trust issues now.

Meanwhile...
Courtesy:
 Feel the Words, Rekhta etc....basically, Google माता. 




5 comments:

  1. Amidst dozens of issues going on in the world reading your blog turns out to be very humourous and a shock wave of enthusiasm runs into nerves to read more such articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amongst the hard scratched bunch of readers I have, a good feedback with good intentions from an equally good person is enough to make my day. Thanks Mehak.

      Delete
  2. Co(rona)uple Goalzz! 💕 I thoroughly enjoyed the definition of Asymptomatic!! 😂😂😂😂👌

    ReplyDelete