Jaggu diaries
#1
The loud music was failing badly to deafen the voice
of her crying heart. The pain had sunk its fangs deeper inside her, which oozed
out in the form of tiny, warm droplets. “Let’s write,” she thought. With the
heart drumming against her chest, she began writing, struggling to manifest her
agony in words.
Jaggu began, “What is it that’s more painful?
Is it that he hit me in front of 50 people or is it that I hurt him badly by
running away, to his utter shock?” She continued, “I know I am obstinate but
what I did, is it expected of a bad daughter?” While it was raining cats and
dogs, people around her were seeking shelter under the shop shutters or
tarpaulin tents of the sabzi walas,
and there she was… running anxiously and sobbing uncontrollably. Fully drenched
from head to toe, Jaggu finally reached home, the wet face camouflaging her
teary eyes.
She was happy that she acted it out well in front of
her mom!
Jaggu retired to her room and picked up a book, her
solace. But as she started, the letters became hazy. Guilt had then taken
better of her. The only thing she wished to do was…apologize!
No comments:
Post a Comment